Friday, March 29, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Spoilers!!!)

THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

ERMIGERD!!!  I have missed you readers, but I have come to make it up to you with the conclusion of one of the best books I've ever read!!!! The Infernal Devices series by Cassie Clare has captured my heart since page one, book one. Mrs. Clare happens to be one of the best writers I've ever read, and her genius just becomes more and more apparent in this prequel to her Mortal Instruments series. The past two books haven't really made evident the connection between the two series, until now. As I read, I began to pick all the little details out of this book that you see later in the other series, and it was golden! It was like slowly putting a jigsaw puzzle together and finally figuring out what the big picture was. And I have high hopes for maybe seeing a couple characters in the up and coming City of Heavenly Fire.

Mrs. Clare has this uncanny ability to suck in your attention and keep it for unlimited pages. I already knew how much I would love the book when I finished the first page, but I always forget the beautiful feeling of reading one of her books until I get to experience it again. Her characters are flawlessly imperfect, believable, and real, and I strive for her perfection in my own writing. Tessa is strong and independent. If I would choose a book for my future daughter to read, it would be this one, because Tessa is the role model to be. She is clever, in love with books, modest, passionate, and selfless at all times. Will (btw I'm Team Will) is stubborn, handsome, brave, and complicated in a way that taps into every females urge to want to fix and love. He's like catnip for girls! And then there's Jem.... *sigh*. He is like the perfect human being. He teaches readers lessons on what love and sacrifice really mean, and that's very valuable!

Every book of Cassie's is action packed and romantic. I would read this book during school, and I would be asked what I was reading. They would look and the title and the cover and give me that look like "That just looks fluffy and you look like a hopeless romantic". I wanted to just yell at them and say "NO! This book is seriously bad*ss! Don't judge a book by its cover! Literally!" Guys, I would even recommend this book to my boyfriend. Its beautifully "non-gender-ized", and I love it. That is all.

I have nothing bad to say about this book at all. Maybe the Epilogue made me cry and kinda mad and confused, but there was seriously no other way to wrap it up and give a solid ending besides what Cassie did, so I'll deal. Just read it!! That's all I've gotta say is READ IT!! (But read the first two first! Nobody likes a person who starts with the sequels!)

Cover: 5/5 stars
Plot: 5/5 stars
-Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment