Monday, December 31, 2012

Heaven (Halo Trilogy) by Alexandra Adornetto

 This is a Sequel = spoilers. Read the First 2 books before!
 Only sixteen when she started the series, Ally Adornetto knows how teen hearts beat, and this long-awaited conclusion is certain to be her most popular book yet.

Bethany, an angel sent to Earth, and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier, have been to Hell and back. But now their love will be put to its highest test yet, as they defy Heavenly law and marry. They don’t tell Beth’s archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, but the angels know soon enough, and punishment comes in a terrifying form: the Sevens, who are rogue angels bent on keeping Beth and Xavier apart, destroying Gabriel and Ivy, and darkening angelic power in the heavens.

The only way Bethany and can elude the Sevens is to hide in the open, and blend in with other mortals their own age. Gabriel and Ivy set them up at college, where they can’t reveal their relationship, and where there is still danger around each corner. Will Bethany be called back to Heaven – forever – and face leaving the love of her life?


Okay, guys. Hello, Hello! Heaven is the 3rd and final book in the Halo Trilogy. Now, I have had an interesting relationship with these books ever since the first one came out. All three books in the series were pretty great, but for some reason, there was no motivation in me to read them. They are thick books, but somewhat quick reads and the writing is great, but I always put off reading them. Maybe it's just me, but a book has never had that sort of effect on me.

Mrs. Adornetto is a superb writer with her cleverness and imagination. I am happy to read these books because of that, they do however go on a little bit too long, but oh well. Her characters are fabulous as well. Bethany is an angel (literally), but in this book, her motivation brings out sassiness and weariness that we haven't seen in the past. Xavier is the perfect fictional heartthrob: handsome, brave, passionate, etc. He has to be one of the best guys I've read about. He seems tangible somehow; a weird little normal even in the situations he experiences. However, something about his past was revealed in this book, and I just didn't find it necessary at all! It was just an added, frivolous oddity from his past that doesn't really make a difference in present situations.

As I reflect back on this book, it slowly came to my attention that one problem didn't get wrapped up. This is definitely the end of the series, but I just find it a little humorous that something went unnoticed.  However, I will leave that as a little "Blue's clue" for you readers to determine. Even though that one issue arised, the series wrapped up really nicely. I was satisfied in that aspect.

My fellow readers, even though I had a hard time reading these, I have no doubt that your opinions will be different. It was a most awesome series that  would recommend, but probably over the summer when you can drag as much as you want. 


<-- P.S. Look at the author. Isn't she cute? Haha.

Cover: 4/5 stars
Plot: 4/5 stars
-Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment