Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Date released: April 16th, 2010
Pages: 310 (Hardcover)

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens- both named Will Grayson- are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history's most fabulous high school musical.


Will Grayson, Will Grayson is a quirky story about two strangers, both named, you guessed it, Will Grayson. It's a witty, insightful, and fun read! Did I mention John Green co-wrote it? Because he did! Secretly, it's the only reason I picked it up in the first place!

If you ask me, this book should be titled The Glamorous Tiny Cooper! Not the best name, I know. But Tiny played a huge role in both Will Graysons' lives. And no, that was not a pun picking on his large size. Tiny was my personal favorite character because he was so amiable! He's really confident about himself and open about his sexual preference. This guy wrote, directed, and acted in his own musical: Tiny Dancer! Automatic bonus points. It was fantastic in a totally-not-high-school-musical-way.

John Green co-wrote this book and he's one of my most favorite authors! He has this amazing superpower which enables him to glue the reader's eyes to the page, create well dimensional characters, and write unique stories all in a flick of a hand (though it probably takes more work than that). Will Grayson, Will Grayson did not fail to deliver! If you haven't read any of his books, what on earth are you waiting for?

David Levithan, I seriously liked your writing, too. It tempted me to read your other works! Just one small problem: where are the capital letters? You went totally e.e. cummings on us! Don't get me wrong, I love when authors apply their own unique styles, but I'm a bit of a grammar freak. Needless to say, it drove me insane!

Will Grayson, Will Grayson is a really fast and poignant read. I seriously urge you read it! If you're like me and went a bunch of places just to find it, just keep in mind the book is worth it. I was probably that one person grinning like I was mad in the middle of the classroom! No shame!

Cover: 5/5 Stars
Plot: 4/5 Stars
-Palak




(Book summary from Goodreads!)

No comments:

Post a Comment