Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week on Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is "Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads"!

Beauty Queens1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: This one goes without saying. It's a hilarious yet poignant read about teen beauty queens whose plane crashed on a desert island. What are they supposed to do now? Practice for the pageant? Get a tan? Build shelter? What happens when all the good looking pirates show up?! It's the perfect summer read!

2. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson: A girl who goes on a spontaneous trip to Europe? SIGN ME UP. If you're stuck at home, this is the book for you! Warning: intense cases of wanderlust will ensue!


3. Paper Towns by John Green: There will NEVER be a time where I don't tell people to read a John Green book. I think he's one of the greatest authors to ever live, and Paper Towns is one of his best works.


4. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard: If you're in the mood for some scandal, high-life, and reading about an insane chick who happens to be a serious stalker. If you happen to like this book, there are a bunch of others in the series to keep you busy.

5.  Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: Oh, you know I had to squeeze a Dessen in. Along for the Ride is light and fluffy. It's perfect if you want a carefree summer read.

6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: If you haven't read it yet.... READ IT!

Along for the Ride7. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I go recommending this book to EVERYONE who dares listen! Divergent is one of my all-time favorites, and if you haven't picked it up yet, you should do so immediately! It is fast paced and kick-butt. If you're a fan of The Hunger Games, you would love this book.

8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: For those of you who are feeling nostalgic! *Sniffle*... The last movie came out last summer...

9. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: One of her best books! If you need to kill a few hours, this book will have your face precariously hanging over the pages. And if you're like me and can't wait until the next one comes out, re-reading might help curb the excitement!

10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: The book that's sweeping the nation! Especially my town! If you're itching to see the next movie, why not read (or re-read) this insta-classic?


-Palak

10 comments:

  1. John Green again. I'm going to have to read him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOHN GREEN! :D You sure know your authors, these picks are brilliant! :)
    My TTT; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-beach-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty Queens is a riot! I do love John Green, but give me An Abundance of Katherines any day. I need to read Insurgent ASAP. Have you read Blood Red Road by Moira Young? I love to give it to fans of The Hunger Games. Here are my beach picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-11S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty Queens had me grinning in the middle of the classroom like nobody's business! Insurgent was AMAZING. I haven't read Blood Red Road, but I'll keep it in mind!

      Delete
  4. Awesome list - loved Divergent and The Hunger Games series. Quite a few of the others are books I want to read - like Beauty Queens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you should definitely pick up Beauty Queens!

      Delete
  5. I'm planning on reading Beauty Queens ASAP. (: Love Libba Bray. And John Green is my favorite author EVER so great list! haha

    Blogoversary Bash Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And that means you have great taste! :)

      Delete