Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week on Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is "Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads"!
1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: This one goes without saying. It's a hilarious yet poignant read about teen beauty queens whose plane crashed on a desert island. What are they supposed to do now? Practice for the pageant? Get a tan? Build shelter? What happens when all the good looking pirates show up?! It's the perfect summer read!
2. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson: A girl who goes on a spontaneous trip to Europe? SIGN ME UP. If you're stuck at home, this is the book for you! Warning: intense cases of wanderlust will ensue!
3. Paper Towns by John Green: There will NEVER be a time where I don't tell people to read a John Green book. I think he's one of the greatest authors to ever live, and Paper Towns is one of his best works.
4. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard: If you're in the mood for some scandal, high-life, and reading about an insane chick who happens to be a serious stalker. If you happen to like this book, there are a bunch of others in the series to keep you busy.
5. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: Oh, you know I had to squeeze a Dessen in. Along for the Ride is light and fluffy. It's perfect if you want a carefree summer read.
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: If you haven't read it yet.... READ IT!
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I go recommending this book to EVERYONE who dares listen! Divergent is one of my all-time favorites, and if you haven't picked it up yet, you should do so immediately! It is fast paced and kick-butt. If you're a fan of The Hunger Games, you would love this book.
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: For those of you who are feeling nostalgic! *Sniffle*... The last movie came out last summer...
9. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: One of her best books! If you need to kill a few hours, this book will have your face precariously hanging over the pages. And if you're like me and can't wait until the next one comes out, re-reading might help curb the excitement!
10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: The book that's sweeping the nation! Especially my town! If you're itching to see the next movie, why not read (or re-read) this insta-classic?