Friday, February 8, 2013

Every Day by David Levithan

Every Day
Publisher: Knoph
Pages: 336
Released: August 28th, 2012
Cover: 5/5 stars
Plot: 5/5 stars

A wakes up in a different body every day. It's always been like this, and A knows how to get by. That is, until he meets Rhiannon. Now that A is in love with this girl, how can they spend the rest of lives with each other if they doesn't even know who A will be the next day?

Let me stop for a moment. My mind is reeling. Every Day is a beautiful and poignant read that broke my heart. What can I say? David Levithan is a master in the art of writing, and I am just grateful to read his books.

I really adored the story. It's new and unique and I did not question it for a moment. It's like from the first page I had accepted that this is what it is and joined A along on his journey. The best thing about it is that I don't only get to follow two characters. I get to see brief glimpses of so many other people's lives as well. It got me thinking about how many people are out there and all the stories that they have. Sometimes people get too wound up in their own lives and don't see that there's so much more out there.

A is a great narrator. Because A gets up in a different body every day, he has a lot of insight on the matter of other people's lives and the diversity that makes us who we are. A is different and it's easy to tell. I never once thought that he is completely unreal because I know that he's genuine. My heart just went out to him because of his situation that stopped him form being able to truly be with the one person he loves.

I love how David Levithan writes the kind of books with such beautiful words. I read over some lines twice, in fact. Here's a warning if you're planning to read this book: it will shatter your heart into a thousand shards. On that happy note, happy reading!

Cover: 5/5 stars
Plot: 5/5 stars
Palak

No comments:

Post a Comment