Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Archived by Victoria Scwab

The Archived (The Archived, #1)
Publisher: Hyperion
Pages: 321
Released: January 22nd, 2013
Cover: 4/5 stars
Plot: 5/5 stars

Mackenzie Bishop is a Keeper in a world where people's lives rest on shelves like books. When she moves to the Coronado, the number of Histories that have awoken that she must return keep increasing. Someone is disturbing the Archive and messing with Histories, and Mackenzie has to get down to what's happening before all chaos breaks out in the Archive. 

The Archived is a rich and very well thought out book. It's unlike anything I've ever read and I dreaded the moment when I realized I was getting through this book much faster then I wanted.

Now, this book review is totally unbiased, I swear... is something I would say if I was lying. Let me just say it: I adore Victoria Schwab and her first book, The Near Witch. I went into this book with the firm belief that she could absolutely do no wrong. I say this because I have something to confess: if I hadn't read The Near Witch, I might not have been able to get into the book immediately. So if there are readers who love to get into the thick of things really fast, fear not! There are so many moments of lingering suspense! I couldn't put the book down for hours because I just had to know what was going on!

I absolutely adore the characters. Mac is fierce, realistic, and an overall awesome character. I really enjoyed reading from her point of view and I especially liked those flashbacks when she would talk about her time with Da. Now, two wonderful words: Wesley Ayers. How can I even being expressing how much I love him? He's different, and I think that's what makes him so special. Almost in every scene in the book, he would make me smile, and I think if a character can do that, it's worth a lot.

One of the major thoughts that stuck with me when I read The Near Witch and The Archived is the author's writing. It's beautiful and flows so well. I have this book on my kindle, so needless to say I have a lot of highlights I can read over again and again. I'm very excited to see what Victoria Schwab has for her readers in the future, and if they're anything like her first two novels, they're sure to be a beautiful things.

Palak

No comments:

Post a Comment