Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mini Reviews: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Publisher: Random House
Date released: September 11th, 2012
Pages:
Cover: 6/5 Stars (Yeah! This one broke the scale!)
Plot: 4/5 stars

Glass has always been able to talk to boy in her head. That doesn't get in her way, though. She has a fairly normal life. That is, until the Lynburns return to Kami's town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. The mysterious twins that moved away from the great manor overlooking the town are now back, with their two sons Jarod  and Ash. Kami knows she has to get down to the secrets surrounding their return, the mysterious killings in the wood, and there's even something her mother's hiding. She has no idea how tangled in this she becomes until there's someone out to kill her, too. 

I have to say that while Unspoken is a great book, it isn't as good as I expected. I was so excited to read this! The plot progressed a bit too slow for me. While there were many things of interest, I felt like the book kept dragging on. I did love the characters and the idea, though. I knew this book was going to be different because hello! Sarah Rees Brennan wrote this book! The supernatural aspect is very well done and the suspense lead me to finishing this book fast. And the ending? I heard that it will tear your heart out and dance on it, but I did not see it coming! I can almost imagine the author cackling as she wrote it! I have great hopes that the sequel will be even better now that we know what's going down!

Palak

No comments:

Post a Comment