Wednesday, July 4, 2012

5 Books I, Katie, Strongly Disliked with a Passion

Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Marrison
-The plot sounded intriguing, but very "love triangley", and it was. Readers, I couldn't even finish this book. It was So boring and poorly written. The plot ended up being way out there and so hard to follow. It just really wasn't worth my time to try to finish when there are so many better books out there. But to be nice, the cover is really pretty!





Between the Sea & Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
- I couldn't finish this book either. I know that not finishing books is bad, and some of you are saying, "It could've gotten better after you quit reading", but when you are so turned off by a book that you just want it to end; guys, I'm not gonna torture myself.  This book was just Way overkill! Angels and mermaids in the same book?! It's overwhelming and stupid, like oil and water. They just don't go together. Also, everybody in the book is childish. They're impulsive, naive, and irrational. It was just not gonna end well. But the cover is also pretty.........

Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
-I actually finished this one! But I have no idea why I did. Maybe it could've been okay in someone else's hands. Vampires and angles together I guess could work but when a guardian angel falls in love with a mortal-turned-vampire-princess-slave-thing, it's like REALLY?! It's a stretch and it just didn't go well at all. Events just did not match up at all and it was so fake. A good fantasy book should make it feel real even when it's not, but this one just left me very unhappy.


The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb
- Okay, this is the last book I didn't finish. Guys, I couldn't do it! It was so long; a whole lot of "Eck!" There is some Anastasia in here, and the Russian Revolution, along with angels, but its rather boring and unreasonable. The plot, I felt, wasn't going anywhere, and the only people doing anything was an angel who is very stupid and lustful along with a bum who is just sickening. I wasn't going to torture myself






Tangerine by Edward Bloor
-I was forced to read this in class, and let me tell you, I loathed every minute of it. I finally just had to suck it up and read it as fast as I could to get it over with. Some people might disagree with me because it is a widely liked book, but I hated it. It's just about a winey, insecure, odd little boy who has a horrible family in a horrible community in Florida. *Sarcastically* Yeah that sounds entertaining and a wonderful read that will not make me paranoid of my own siblings. And when I finally read what happened to the boy, I just about threw up. Yay for books that make me want to vomit!


*If I have been too harsh or have offended anyone, I am deeply sorry. That was not my intention at all! I am just letting off steam with my personal opinions. If you beg to differ on any, please comment and we can discuss. Love, Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment