Friday, June 22, 2012

Rapture by Lauren Kate

This is a Sequel!! Read first books first (Fallen Series)!!!

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?


 After years of waiting for the end of Daniel and Luce's love-filled journey, it has finally happened. And it wasn't a disappointment at all. To be honest, I actually wasn't digging this book for a while, it was a little out there, but then WHHAAAMMM!!!!! This "gigantore" twist happens! And then... WHHAAAAMMM!!!......WHHAAAMM!!! Two more happen, and I could've sworn my chin was at my stomach 'cuz my mouth was so agape. It was really, let's say, EPIC!


In more detail than "Wham's", this book was three-fourth's fluffy. Has anyone else noticed that the Fallen series has always been kinda lightly written? There is a lot of romance, dying, and intense matter, but nothing really makes a lasting impression on you. I love the plot of these books though, so creative! I mean, an angel and a girl that fall in love every time the girl is reincarnated into the next life. Come on! That's good stuff! And the characters are very good. I mean, who wouldn't want their own Daniel?! 


What I didn't get about this book is that half of it was spent on something that didn't even matter in the end. What's the point of putting it in a book, if it has no significance? I don't understand. So that kind of ruined some of it for me, but hey, this is just my opinion.  I can't really go into a lot of detail from the story because that would give away a lot, but I have to say that the ending was bitter-sweet for me. It wasn't completely satisfying for me in all honesty. Sure the ending was a good and proper way to wrap up the entire series, but I wish it ended in more detail. 


Overall, I approve. It really is a good series that I'm gonna miss. If you're a little discouraged or crestfallen from my negativity, please don't be. Even if some of it just didn't click for me, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't read it. The major twisty roller coaster you read in the last hundred pages or so, makes up for any mistakes in all 4 books! This series is just a fantastic experience, overall.

Cover- 2/5 stars
Plot- 4/5 stars
-Katie

2 comments:

  1. The end left nothing to be questioned so that you know exactly what happened...which is probably what you've been thinking would happen the entire series. Even the epilogue beautifully spells out what happened to the characters not present in the final chapter of Luce and Daniel's saga. In a world where authors tend to leave much to the imagination in terms of "what happens next," Lauren Kate ties this story up with a pretty little bow.

    The story itself is a predictable explanation of how Daniel and Luce came to be, especially if you've formed a proper attachment to them over the other three books. The written illustration of Daniel and Luce's devotion is spot on and really sucks the reader in to become part of the fight in preventing the second Fall. You want to cheer for them, and in the same token, by the end, you feel some slight pity for Lucifer. At least, I found this to be the case in my personal emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your input! These blogs are mine and my partner's own personal opinions, so our's and our reader's opinions may not be the same, and that's perfectly fine. Maybe I just wasn't as deeply in sinc with the story as you were. I'm just happy I was able to read such a great series and have wonderful readers, as yourself, to read our blog and discuss books with us. -Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete