Saturday, April 14, 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.
Henry's first wife, Persephone.

On Monday I reviewed the first book in this series The Goddess Test and I mentioned that I was in love with the book. I still stand by that and I must say that book #2 was not a disappointment either.

I had been craving a good book because my supply had run low over the past couple weeks and I was so pleased when this book reached my grasp. It's much different from the first, but yet it still fits with the first book like a puzzle piece. It keeps you on edge, hardly because of the impending doom, but because of Henry's attitude towards Kate. Most of the book you're just cursing Henry for his insensitivity, but you're so confused because you know Kate and Henry belong together. I would reccomend the book just because of the feeling you get when you read about the strain in Kate's and Henty's relationship.

Kate is a wonderful heroine, but she doesn't really do much in this book besides get in the way. She does go after Henry's first wife, Persephone, to save Henry even though it absolutely tears her apart, but that's about it. And she has brought out the ability of pig-headedness that wasn't quite visible in the first book.

I would 100% recommend this book as long as you read the first one first. This series has a wonderful, though unusual, romance that keeps you on edge and interested. The romance is my favorite part of these books, its phenomenal the way they make you feel. I hope you will experience them as well.   Plot: 5/5 stars   Cover: 3.5/5 stars    -Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment