Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

When things finally begin to settle down for Nora and Patch, questions begin to arise that threaten their relationship. Now that Patch is spending so much time with her nemesis, Marcie Miller,  her mother has been harboring a huge secret from her, and she is haunted by her lost father, she just doesn't know what she knows is true anymore. Soon, she will realize there is more to her life then she realizes. Can she be saved, or will she lose her guardian angel forever?

Crescendo is the sequel to Becca Fitzpatrick's best selling Hush, Hush series. I can't say I fell head over heels for this book. I hoped it would be a breathtaking sequel, since I adored the first one, but it didn't live up to my perpetually high expectations.

A major reason why I didn't like this book was because of the characters. Nora needs to sort out her priorities! She can't act and think the way she does without taking in a lot of things into consideration, and asking herself "why?" instead of bubbling over with envy. And to think after all the close encounters with death in the last book, she would have a bit more sense. As fans of Hush, Hush, most people fell in love with Patch. It's a huge bummer that in this book he isn't featured much (in a better light) and is missing his usual annoyingly cute charm and dark personality. It's like a whole new Patch! And you can imagine, I didn't like it. Also, Marcie annoys me. I was never a fan of rude, mean girls in books, and her involvement with Patch just continued to frustrate me.

In Crescendo, Nora runs into even more trouble. Danger is attracted to this girl! I know it must be terrible for her, but it creates an aura of mystery that captivates readers like me that crave for suspense. I seriously admire Becca Fitzpatrick's brilliant writing when it comes to plot turns and cliffhangers! I was in no way, shape, or form prepared for what she had in store for the readers. In the end, the deception and cliffhanger was a huge shock for me, and I couldn't suppress all the questions that arose.

While I didn't enjoy this book much as I thought I would, it really was a page turner. I couldn't put it down! In fact, I wish I had picked it up sooner! I am incredibly psyched to pick up the third book, Silence! I warn you, if you decide to read Crescendo, you better have the third book in hand! The ending blew me away and I am now just a bundle of nerves waiting to get my hands on it! Now excuse me as I hunt down Silence before dying of curiosity!

 -Palak
Plot: 3.5 stars
Cover: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment