Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One with   brilliant yellow eyes watches her back. She feels a certain connection to him..... Sam has lived two lives. In the winter he is a wolf and in the summer he cherishes the moments he is human.  When he showed up on her doorstep, shot,  it will change their lives forever. Can they escape his terrible fate, and save their doomed relationship?
Despite my book preference, I though this was a pretty good book! It is a unique spin to the cliched werewolf story... even if their relationship feels a bit rushed to me. And this time, we don't have a glitzy vampire stalker in the way! Sam's past just swallows your heart and spits it back out! And he is such an amazing person that it's cruel for him to have such a terrible fate! I felt like Grace was such a flat, mediocre character. She is independent, but I don't feel like she is as clearly defined as she could be. But, the plot just makes you forget all about it! The ending is just an emotion roller coaster ride that has you gripping the edge of your seat! Being an avid reader, I have a love hate relationship with cliffhangers. This book doesn't have many loose ends, so it doesn't give me the notion to pick up the sequel, Linger, in the very near future. But you can be sure I will! -Palak :)
3.5 stars! 
P.S. Happy (a bit late...) one week blogaversiry!

No comments:

Post a Comment